It’s time to #MeetWilden. Meet our Nature and Wildlife Blogger Flora!
1. What is your name?
2. How and when did you first get involved with Wilden and what is your role?
I first started with Wilden in January 2016, writing the nature and wildlife articles.
3. What are some of your favourite things about working with Wilden?
Some of my favorite things with Wilden are the support and encouragement I receive from these wonderful people and the inspiration of Wilden’s gorgeous land and views.
4. What do you do for work and where can we find you online?
I teach yoga classes around town, mostly to seniors. You can find me on the Wilden blog writing about nature.
5. What do you do for play?
I love to discover birds and plants while hiking, playing games and laughing with my niece Heidi (I still love swings, slides and hanging upside down).
6. What is your secret superpower?
That I still know how to play.
7. What is Kelowna’s best kept secret?
The wonder and peace around ponds. The ones around Wilden are especially inspiring.
8. What is your favourite locally made product?
The store ‘Unless’ on Lawrence Ave downtown carries locally made items. I love that locals can sell their wares.
9. If you could give $1M to charity, which one would you choose?
I would split it and give half to the SPCA Wild Animal Rehab Centre and the other half to the Boys and Girls Club, with an emphasis on Aboriginal Children.
10. What is the one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
That I spent time in Nepal at a Tibetan Monastery submerged in the practice of Buddhism.
11. If you weren’t living in the beautiful Okanagan, where would you live?
That is a difficult question…. I would love to spend a lot more time in Thailand.