It’s Time to #MeetWilden! Meet Wilden resident Mya.
1. What is your name?
My name is Mya Gilbert
2. Which Wilden neighbourhood do you live in?
I have lived on Red Rock, Lost Creek and soon I will be moving to the Rocky Point neighbourhood. Which I am extremely excited about as I have a great view of the lake and non- developed mountain side.
3. What do you do for work?
I am in grade 10 at Aberdeen hall and my favourite subject would have to be English because analyzing and interpreting texts are very interesting to me.
4. How do you relax after a hard day at school?
I read a book. I know that sounds old school, but I really enjoy reading and I will read basically anything. I also play volleyball and tennis which is a good way to de-stress after a long day.
5. What is your secret superpower?
My secret super power would have to be the fact that I can read something and at the time it seems irrelevant, but later I am able to use it and speak about something you would think I would know nothing about.
6. What are some of your favourite things about living in Wilden?
I love how there is nature everywhere and because they have added parks and are planning to add a small mall down the hill more and more people are coming outside and socializing with each other.
7. What is the most amazing adventure to go on in the Okanagan?
I think it would have to be going to Peachland or Penticton to visit their markets and the parks. Plus the beach volleyball tournaments that are hosted out there are amazing.
8. If you were an animal living in Wilden, which one would you be?
I would be a deer as they seem to never run out of food and they just wander around as they please.
9. If you could give $1M to charity, which one would you choose?
I would put the 1M dollars towards some kind of ocean foundation that would work to repair the dying reefs and dead zones caused by human pollution. That would also help to rehabilitate any injured or dying sea animals to release them back into their natural habitat.
10. Tell us about one of your greatest adventures/memories in Wilden so far.
I don’t really know as I have only lived here for a short amount of time but if I had to choose one it would have to be any trail in Kelowna you can wander off the path and most of the time find your way by yourself.
11. If you could choose anyone to be your neighbour, who would you choose?
It would have to be one of my best friends for sure, as for some reason all of them I choose live far away from me, and I never get to see them. If I had to choose someone famous I would choose an author so they could teach me to write and plan for writing books.
12. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
I would master everything on the planet, I would learn to play the piano as I always wanted to do that. I would learn to draw and portray my thoughts and feelings through art that isn’t copied off someone else. After all I would have all the time in the world.