It’s time to #MeetWilden. Meet Wilden Resident, Pastor & Addictions Worker Gary Swabey!
1. What is your name?
2. Which Wilden neighbourhood do you live in?
3. What do you do for work and where can we find you online?
I am a pastor/addictions worker at Freedoms Door Addiction Recovery Homes. You can find me on Facebook.
4. How do you relax after a hard day of work?
A cup of tea and a good book.
5. What is your secret superpower?
The ability to run a full marathon with limited preparation.
6. What are some of your favourite things about living in Wilden?
Running and hiking in the hills and feeling like you are far from the city but in reality you’re not.
7. What is the most amazing adventure to go on in the Okanagan?
Seeking out all the beautiful hiking trails.
8. If you were an animal living in Wilden, which one would you be?
9. If you could give $1M to charity, which one would you choose?
There are so many good ones but I would give it to getting Freedom House built.
10. Tell us about one of your greatest adventures/memories in Wilden so far.
This goes back at least 45 years. My brother, some friends and I went on many adventures in these hills and on these ponds. We would build rafts and make jumps for our bikes. Going home many days muddy and wet, much to our moms dismay. Sometimes we stripped to our underwear just to save our clothes from getting dirty.
11. If you could choose anyone to be your neighbour, who would you choose?
Bono, he seems to have some great insight on the world in which we live. I can picture many hours of great conversation.
12. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
I would travel.