It’s Time to #MeetWilden. Meet Wilden Resident and 2020 Trades Award Recipient Chris Yaretz.
Chris, a student at Okanagan College, is this year’s deserving recipient of the Wilden Trades Award. Coincidentally he also lives in Wilden so we asked him to share a little about himself.
1. What is your name?
2. Which Wilden neighbourhood do you live in?
Hidden Lake on Begbie Rd.
3. What school do you go to and what are you taking? Do you have any post graduation plans?
I am doing my Carpentry apprenticeship at Okanagan College.
4. How do you relax after a hard day of school?
I turn pens on my lathe while listening to music.
5. What is your secret superpower?
Being able to sleep at any moment. I just have to close my eyes for a little bit and I’ll be out cold.
6. What are some of your favourite things about living in Wilden?
When it is turtle hatching season and watching the little guys make their way down to the pond. Also, all the walking trails in the area and just being surrounded by nature.
7. What is the most amazing adventure to go on in the Okanagan?
All the different spots to camp. There’s so many to choose from and each one is unique and holds its own adventures within.
8. If you were an animal living in Wilden, which one would you be?
Definitely a turtle, get to swim around in the pond and sun tan on a log all day. Seems pretty relaxing to me.
9. If you could give $1M to charity, which one would you choose?
Something to do with the college that helps students pay for their courses and life while attending school.
10. Tell us about one of your greatest memories in Wilden so far.
When I was 5 I remember making a turtle crossing sign on a piece of plywood before the actual yellow ones were made and putting it on the side of the road every year after I saw the first turtle.
11. If you could choose anyone to be your neighbour, who would you choose?
I would keep the same neighbor circle I’ve got now. Everyone looks out for each other and is always super friendly.
12. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
I’d have to find a new secret superpower. But I’d probably spend more time making my vegetable garden bigger and building more things with my grandpa.