It’s time to #MeetWilden.
Meet Wilden Resident Ashley Fraser-Sexsmith.
1. What is your name?
2. Why did you move to Wilden?
After spending many summers in Kelowna and not wanting to go home, we decided to move here from Alberta so we could enjoy Kelowna year round! We love Wilden for it’s nature inspired living, it was one of the reasons why we chose this area to raise our family.
3. What do you do for work and where can we find you online?
I started a marketing agency called Chatty Girl Media 7 years ago to help small businesses with their digital marketing needs. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of businesses in Alberta through social media management, business consulting, photography, graphic design, influencer marketing and more. I am excited for the opportunities here in Kelowna, we currently work on the digital marketing with Delta Grand Okanagan and Oak + Cru and are looking to onboard new clients too.
We specialize in working with real estate agents, restaurants and hospitality as well as retail establishments but we’ve worked with every type of business you can think of!
I also write a blog at The Chatty Girl. My family and I have had some great opportunities to share about travel and experiences while partnering with brands across Canada.
Find us at www.chattygirlmedia.com and @chattygirlmedia on social media.
4. What is fact about you or a superpower of yours that nobody would guess?
I am known as the connector. Over the years I have connected many people in different industries. People know they can ask me who I would recommend for anything and I can point them in the direction of someone they can connect with! Since moving here I’ve had dozens of people from Alberta ask me for help to potentially move, as well for places they should visit while on vacation. I recently started an Instagram account called the @kelownaconnector so I can connect people to all things Kelowna!
5. What are some of your favourite things about living in Wilden?
We love the walking trails, the friendly neighbours and the sense of community in this area. We also love how it feels like you are far removed within nature but just a quick drive to so many amenities.
6. If you were an animal living in Wilden, which one would you be?
I would choose to be a turtle, sitting on a log in the turtle pond catching the sun rays all day.
7. Do you have a favourite family tradition?
One of our family traditions is summers spent in Kelowna. We are looking forward to having a pool in our backyard this year so we can enjoy our time swimming together.
8. What are some of your favourite local Kelowna businesses you like to support and more people need to know about?
There are so many great local businesses here in Kelowna to support and I am known for being a huge supporter of small business! Some of my favourites include:
- Mod Salon for hair
- Alchemy for the home
- Beach Ave for women’s clothing
- Mr Mozzarella for pizza
- Creekside Pub for nachos
- Parlour Ice Cream to grab a cone and walk the beach
9. What does a perfect weekend in Kelowna look like for you?
Spending time in the great outdoors is what we do every weekend! We love to take the kids hiking, walk the beach downtown and go swimming in the summer. Kelowna has some amazing beaches!
10. Tell us about one of your greatest experiences in Wilden so far.
We love that we can live so close to my family, it’s been great having them up the way to help us with our pets and kids. It’s part of the reason we moved tot his neighbourhood, to have parents close by.
11. If you could choose anyone to be your neighbour, who would you choose?
Anyone in Wilden makes a great neighbour, we’ve had great experiences so far!
12. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
I’d spend as much time as possible outdoors.