It’s time to #MeetWilden! Meet Wilden Resident & Business Owner, Marie Meade.
1. What’s your name?
2. Which Wilden neighbourhood do you live in and when did you move here?
Forest Edge. We moved in May 2018 when our house was complete.
3. What do you do for work and where can we find you online?
I recently opened a pet supply store in the Capri Mall on Gordon Dr, Kelowna. I manage it and have four great other staff members. Feel free to check out our online store at kelowna.globalpetfoods.com. We specialize in providing personalized health and nutrition information with a holistic approach to better your pets’ lives.
4. What is a talent of yours that nobody would guess?
I can wiggle my nose like a bunny.
5. What are some of your favourite things about living in Wilden?
I love hiking. I have done the Wilden One run as well as hiked most of the trails in the area. I am forever grateful for the area I live in.
6. If you were an animal living in Wilden, which one would you be?
I often love watching the deer. They are so peaceful and part of the environment. I see myself as similar to them.
7. Do you have a favourite family tradition?
Our favourite family tradition is cake for breakfast. We like to start the day in an unusual (for most people) way. It’s a nice way to connect before everyone goes off on their different ways for the day.
8. What is one of your favourite local Kelowna businesses you like to support and more people need to know about?
I love to support Paws It Forward. Not only am I a foster for the organization but I foster failed with our current dog. They help so many animals in need and are always looking for more support. They are a registered charity and run 100% with volunteers.
9. What does a perfect weekend in the Okanagan look like for you?
A perfect weekend for me is camping with my family at a nearby lake. There is nothing like the peaceful nature experience that camping can give. We just have to be careful about timing because the campfire at night is a must!
10. Tell us about one of your greatest experiences in Wilden so far.
I hiked with my son to the top of one of the hills and we came across a bunch of sleeping or resting deer. My dog didn’t see them and they didn’t see us. There had to be at least 6-8 of them. It was a wonderful experience and we walked away quietly enough that they didn’t get spooked.
11. If you could choose anyone to be your neighbour, who would you choose?
I had a close friend living with us, who just moved out. I would love to have her as a neighbour. Her dog and mine are friends and I loved how they would visit and hike together.
12. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
I would probably foster more dogs. I find the lack of sleep with taking in new dogs is the hardest part. So with that out of the way it would be wonderful.
Thank you, Marie, for taking the time to introduce yourself.
If you have furry friends, make sure you to check out Marie’s new pet supply store at 1835 Gordon Drive.