It’s time to #MeetWilden! Meet one of Wilden’s Okanagan Modern Home Designers, Jeremy Newell.
1. What is your name?
2. How and when did you first get involved with Wilden and what is your role?
The Mills Residence 2011, Authentech Homes, The Robertson Residence 2011 Fawdry Homes. I recently designed the architectural drawings for the new Wilden Rocky Point show home.
3. What are some of your favourite things about working with Wilden?
I love the setting, design philosophies and forward-thinking evolution of the development. They have a unified team.
4. What do you do for work and where can we find you online?
I design custom homes for great clients, helping them take their dreams from concept to completion. My services are a cost-effective alternative to using Kelowna architects. You can find me on the web at www.jeremynewell.com and Google+.
5. What do you do for play?
I enjoy travel, disc golf, ball golf and joyriding on my vintage Vespa motorcycle.
6. What is your secret superpower?
I can see the future ( or at least sometimes I think I can ). I am 50% accurate and working on it.
7. What is Kelowna’s best kept secret?
The sunsets, especially in winter. They are amazing!
8. What is your favourite locally made product?
Doppelmayr ski lifts. A simple thing that are often taken for granted. Their lift systems are exported all over the world.
9. If you could give $1M to charity, which one would you choose?
I would choose to give it directly to those in need and skip the exorbitant administration fees and operating costs.
10. What is the one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I invented and presented the vented beer can to Molson in 1999. In 2013 they released it and I haven’t seen a dime.
11. If you weren’t living in the beautiful Okanagan, where would you live?
Hawaii. I could easily live out my days as a beach bum.