It’s Time to #MeetWilden! Meet Wilden resident Riley.
1. What is your name?
My name is Riley Gilbert and I am 11 years old.
2. Which Wilden neighbourhood do you live in?
I currently live in Lost Creek but I’m moving to Rocky Point next year.
3. What do you do for work?
4. How do you relax after a hard day at school?
After I come home from school I like to play with my friends but if they are not available I like to sit down on the couch and watch a few of my TV episodes.
5. What is your secret superpower?
My secret super power is my smile because I can brighten up almost anybodies day just by giving them a nice smile.
6. What are some of your favourite things about living in Wilden?
My favourite thing about living in Wilden is the wildlife and seeing views. Almost every day I get to see some amazing sights from dear, marmots, owls, coyotes, bald eagle all the way to beautiful sunsets, sunrises and rainbows.
7. What is the most amazing adventure to go on in the Okanagan?
If I had to choose one out of my many amazing adventures I would have to choose going to sleep away from home at camp for my very first time at Silver Lake. When I was at Silver Lake I got to do many fun activities like swimming, canoeing and archery. The one thing though that really made it fun was the counsellors.
8. If you were an animal living in Wilden, which one would you be?
If I were to be one animal living in Wilden I would be a bald eagle because I would be able to fly super high and look down at the beautiful view.
9. If you could give $1M to charity, which one would you choose?
If I could give $1M to a charity I would would probably give it to WWF because I really love animals and I don’t want any more animals to become extinct.
10. Tell us about one of your greatest adventures/memories in Wilden so far.
One of my greatest adventures in Wilden is when my sister and I went on a hike and we got lost but after three hours of hiking we finally found our way home.
11. If you could choose anyone to be your neighbour, who would you choose?
If I could choose one person to be my neighbour I would choose my old neighbour from Oakville because he was always so kind and he had a son that is a race car driver and loved going over and talking to him.
12. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
If I did not have to sleep I would play soccer all the time non stop. I really love a game of soccer, especially playing competitively.