It’s time to #MeetWilden. Meet Fluffy White Barn Cat, Iris.
1. What is your name and breed?
My name is Iris and I am a Fluffy White Barn Cat
2. Which Wilden neighbourhood do you live in?
3. What do you do for work and where can we find you online?
I am 19 (that’s 92 in human years!) I am a retired mouse chaser. I am not online, however, I am thinking about it, who says you can’t teach an old cat new tricks!
4. What do you do for play?
I’m 92! But I still like to chase a string around the laundry room.
5. What is your secret superpower?
I was born deaf so I have incredible instinctive qualities. I am sensitive to vibrations and light so I know when you’re coming before I can see you!
6. What are some of you favourite things about living in Wilden?
The scenery, being able to lay on my heated bed and look out at nature with a view of the lake, the birds flying by is so relaxing.
7. What is Kelowna’s best kept secret?
Wilden and its community spirit. People up here love their pets and nature, it’s the puuurfect place to live!
8. If you could give $1M to charity, which one would you choose?
I’m proud to say I came from the SPCA 19 years ago, they saved me. I would give it to them as they help all animals, even dogs!
9. What is the one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I have one blue and one green eye, that’s why they call me Iris. Many people don’t know this but 70% of white cats with blue eyes are deaf, my owners say I am very rare and special.
10. If you weren’t living in the beautiful Okanagan, where would you live?
I don’t know of a more beautiful place than Wilden, however, I saw pictures of Maui and it looks nice too.