It’s time to #MeetWilden. Meet Wilden Resident and Owner at Salt & Flour Co. Meaghan Abendroth.
1. What is your name?
My name is Meaghan.
2. Which Wilden neighbourhood do you live in and when did you move here?
I live in the Lost Creek Neighbourhood of Wilden. My husband and I relocated to Kelowna in 2018.
3. What do you do for work and where can we find you online?
I am currently starting up a small side business called Salt & Flour Co. I make artisan Sourdough loaves and have recently started to incorporate different flavours. (Our Jalapeno Cheddar loaf has been quite a hit)
4. What is fact about you or a superpower that nobody would guess?
I hiked to Mt. Everest Base Camp in Nepal. Amazing adventure.
5. What are some of your favourite things about living in Wilden?
My favourite thing about living in Wilden is the trail network. I love walking, hiking and trail running, so this is the spot for me!
6. If you were an animal living in Wilden, which one would you be?
This is a tough one. Well I guess I would be a squirrel because they are always collecting and packing food away. I also love food and have to hide the good stuff away from my husband, so I suppose this would be my spirit animal. 🙂
7. Do you have a favourite (family) tradition, perhaps even in Wilden?
Every Christmas morning, I round up the family and we go for a trail run in the Wilden forest. I love starting my busy Christmas day off on this foot.
8. What are some/is one of your favourite local Kelowna businesses you like to support and more people need to know about?
The Little Lily Shop. This is the cutest local shop, the owner makes pretend make-up, hair straighteners, blow dryers for little girls who want to play dress up just like mommy. The bonus of this pretend make-up is that it is non-transferable and mess-free. Check them out on Instagram: @little_lily_shop
and of course,
Karat Chocolate. Everyone must go there and try Julian Helman’s creations. I have loved everything I have tried from this boutique shop. Check them out at 1526 Ellis Street, Kelowna, BC or on Instagram: @karatchocolate.
9. What does a perfect weekend include or look like for you?
In the summer time it looks like a morning hike in the Wilden forest, spending the day at the beach swimming, BBQ dinner in our backyard and finishing with a glass of Phantom wine from Vibrant Vines over the fire table at night.
10. Tell us about one of your greatest memories in Wilden so far.
This is the first home we have purchased. I think because of this, Wilden will always be special to me.
11. If you could choose anyone to be your neighbour, who would you choose?
I would keep the neighbours we have currently. J & J are honestly the most amazing neighbours anyone could ask for. A very thoughtful and caring couple.
12. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
I would spend it with my family and loved ones, play piano and be active.