1. What is your name?
2. Which Wilden neighbourhood do you live in?
3. What do you do for work and where can we find you online?
I wear many hats in my life. I am a mother and wife, an artist, a singer, and an interior decorator. For work, my husband, Chris, and I are involved in real estate. We acquire properties or land, renovate or build, and either hold on to them for rentals or sell them. I find it very gratifying to bring a tired or vacant property back to life!
4. How do you relax after a hard day of work?
I do a lot of things to relax. Making jewelry, drawing/painting, making music with my husband, reading, walking, watching a good movie. It depends on the mood I’m in.
5. What is your secret superpower?
Superpower is a big word! I don’t know if I have one of those!
I can sing a mean “Happy Birthday” though!
6. What are some of your favourite things about living in Wilden?
My husband and I moved to Kelowna about 2 years ago, so we really scoped the area out before we moved to Wilden. We were initially blown away by the spectacular views but were also quickly impressed with the way all the streets were planned in a way that preserved and respected nature. Being so close to the city while still feeling like you are living outside the city was exactly what we were looking for. We love Wilden!
We have also come to appreciate the sense of community here that is so important to us, especially being new to the area. There are so many community activities and planned events. I am really excited to be a part of the upcoming Wilden Creativity Festival as an artisan and a musician on August 19th!
7. What is the most amazing adventure to go on in the Okanagan?
Since we are new to BC, everything is an adventure! There are so many, it is really hard to pinpoint a favourite.
- Biking the Myra Canyon trestles
- Skiing powder at Big White
- Hiking and soaking in the amazing views
- Taking in the music scene all over the Valley
- Enjoying the Wineries
- Cycling the Naramata Bench
8. If you were an animal living in Wilden, which one would you be?
Some kind of majestic bird – can you imagine the beautiful views they have!!
9. If you could give $1M to charity, which one would you choose?
I have a few charities close to my heart. Breast Cancer is something that has touched many people I have loved and I have raised a lot of money for that cause over the years.
I have always believed that supporting your local hospital is a must too. After all, everyone ends up there at some point in their lives.
Mental health, especially in young people, is also extremely important and I hope to get more involved with this area of need in Kelowna.
10. Tell us about one of your greatest adventures/memories in Kelowna so far.
Being new to Kelowna has brought us so many new adventures but there is one particular night that sticks in my mind.
My husband and I went to see Melissa Etheridge perform at Mission Hill Winery last summer. She is one of our musical idols so we were really excited. We were sitting in our seats as the sun was setting behind the stage and casting a purple glow. We sipped a beautiful glass of wine and swayed to the music of one of our favourite musicians. Enveloped in what seemed like such a surreal experience, we felt such gratitude and knew Kelowna was where we were meant to be.
11. If you could choose anyone to be your neighbour, who would you choose?
12. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
Create things- jewelry, music, art …and of course, travel.