It’s time to #MeetWilden! Meet Wilden Team Member, Ryan Redekopp
1. How and when did you first get involved with Wilden and what is your role?
I started with Wilden in June 2022. There was an amazing opportunity that came available as the Financial Controller for the Wilden Group and I decided to make the switch to Wilden, and I couldn’t be happier.
2. What are some of your favourite things about working with Wilden?
The team of people at Wilden are really incredible. I truly felt part of the team right from my first few days working at Wilden. I am valued, my opinions are taken into consideration, and I am empowered to be in control of my role. I receive support from the team any time that I need.
3. If you were an animal living in Wilden, which one would you be?
A turtle. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were my favourite growing up.
4. If you were to build your dream house in Wilden, what are some must-haves you would include?
My wife and I just finished building our dream home (prior to me starting my role at Wilden). If we were to build again, we would want something similar. Must haves include a nice view, a home with lots of light, and a decent sized yard (for a pool of course). A few extras I would add are a pot filler and golf simulator.
5. What are some of your favourite ways to relax and play in the Okanagan?
I can often be found out on the golf course, by the water, or on a patio for happy hour enjoying the views Kelowna has to offer.
6. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?/ Do you have a superpower/talent that nobody would guess?
I do not like shopping (unless it is Golf Town); the 2 no-go’s are Costco and Ikea. My talent would be finding ways to avoid those places.
7. What is Kelowna’s best kept secret?
Kelowna’s best kept secret is not a secret to the locals, and is becoming more well known to others around the world. It is the beauty of the city, and the true four seasons that Kelowna offers.
8. What are some of your favourite local Kelowna businesses you like to support and more people need to know about?
We have so many great local businesses. A few that come to mind are Central Kitchen and Bar, Rustic Reel, and Red Bird.
9. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
Hit the links with friends then take my hound dog out for walks with the wife.
10. If you weren’t living in the beautiful Okanagan, where else would you live?
There is only one other city in B.C. that I would consider living in, and that would be Victoria.