Time to #MeetWilden! Meet Kolby from one of Wilden’s Preferred Builders, Rykon Construction:
1. Tell us your company story.
As an award-winning builder, Rykon Construction has been planning, developing and building custom homes and properties of distinction in British Columbia since 1984. We don’t see ourselves as just another Kelowna home builder. We strive to help clients realize their dreams for custom-built homes, so our approach to construction is different. We focus impeccable attention on the details and that starts with client communication. Our employees have an exceptional level of pride in custom craftsmanship. We’re dedicated to satisfying you through every stage of your project from contract to final inspection. Our objective is to relieve the stress new home construction can create. We handle every detail, so clients can enjoy creating their custom designed home. We’re proud of the exceptional lifestyle communities we’ve built together. Our financially sound company has built some of the finest custom homes in the Okanagan real estate market. Consider Rykon Construction when you decide it’s time to build your dream.
2. Tell us about the people behind your company:
Rykon Construction employs some of the finest home builder craftsmen in the Okanagan real estate marketplace. Each and every member of our Kelowna-based team is dedicated to client satisfaction. They believe they are partnered with our clients in trust and obligated by that contract of service to deliver quality and attention to every detail when building your custom home.
3. Tell us how you first got involved in building homes?
Started as a construction assistant in my family and eventually started working for Rykon while I was in College.
4. What’s your company’s secret super power?
Can’t disclose or it wouldn’t be a secret!
5. What do you wish other people knew about the process of building a home?
Budgets are attainable if you do the proper leg work and go through the Rykon budgeting process. Carrying contingencies is unnecessary!!
6. What are some of your favourite ways to relax and play in the Okanagan?
Fishing, golfing, beaching, hiking and sitting on some of beautiful patios!
7. If you were to build your dream house, what are some must-haves you would include?
Contemporary roof lines, outdoor kitchen/ living area and the icing on the cake would be the infinity pool.
8. What is one common misconception about building a home?
That cost per square foot is an accurate representation of cost to build. It can be manipulated and twisted to mean a variety of things and mislead people who are trying to budget a home build. Get the real numbers from quotes/ calculations or use comparable homes.
9. If you could give $1M to charity, which one would you choose?
Cancer Society, it is close to home for us. We have had a member in our company go through a cancer battle and beat it!
10. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about your company?
We have over a hundred homes under construction currently with many more to start!
11. If you weren’t building homes for a living, what would you be doing instead?
Myself personally, involved in sales somewhere in the Okanagan valley or part of a sports organization.