It’s time to #MeetWilden! Meet Wilden Community Members Joanna and James Schlosser of Niche Wine Co.
1. What is your name?
Joanna and James Schlosser of Niche Wine Company.
2. Which Wilden neighbourhood do you live in?
We live in the Hidden Lake neighbourhood.
3. What do you do for work and where can we find you online?
We own and operate a small winery in West Kelowna. James actually grew up on the property and his parents still live there and run the vineyard. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram @nichewineco.
4. What do you do for play?
We drink wine (too obvious?!). We also love cooking, entertaining, and skating on the pond.
5. What is your secret superpower?
James would say winemaking and mine is probably cookie making.
6. What are some of you favourite things about living in Wilden?
The people (we have some really great neighbours), the pond (walking around it and skating on it), and the central location (I love that I can get almost everywhere in 15 minutes).
7. What is Kelowna’s best kept secret?
8. What is your favourite locally made product?
We are big wine lovers and there are so many talented people making amazing wine in the Okanagan. Some of our current favourites:
9. If you could give $1M to charity, which one would you choose?
James works at the Cancer Agency and we have both had family members affected by the disease. If we had a million dollars, we would fight cancer.
10. What is the one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
Jams and I both have full-time jobs and a two-year-old. The winery is something we do on top of all that. Probably another reason we love drinking wine 😉
11. If you weren’t living in the beautiful Okanagan, where would you live?
I am from Vancouver so I will always have a soft spot for the city of glass. I am not sure James could live anywhere else!