It’s time to #MeetWilden.
Meet Wilden Resident & Photographer, Crystal Van Ee.
1. What is your name?
Crystal Van Ee
2. Which Wilden neighbourhood do you live in and when did you move here?
Upper Canyon – Built, and moved in December 2016
3. What do you do for work and where can we find you online?
I am a Photographer, specializing in Newborns, Children and Family Sessions. Building in Wilden allowed me to have a photography studio in my home. My photography style is light and airy.
I learned photography first by using film, and developing film. I loved getting to have prints at the end of a session. I now photograph using a Digital SLR Camera, but provide my clients with Prints and Artwork for each session. I love that clients leave with artwork to put in their home, and prints to pass down to their family.
You can find my photography work at :
4. What is fact about you or a superpower/talent of yours that nobody would guess?
Not sure I would say its a super power or talent, but when I do photoshoots outside, most people wouldn’t know that I am TERRIFIED of bugs (butterflies, grasshoppers, spiders, you name it). Most people wouldn’t know this as I somehow get passed this fear because I am so passionate at what I do, that it doesn’t phase me. But if you ask my husband if I am scared of bugs, he will tell you that I will hide under blankets while he takes them outside (Just so they don’t touch me).
5. What are some of your favourite things about living in Wilden?
I love getting to do so many photoshoots up in Wilden, it is such a beautiful backdrop. I also love that we live so close to town, but have the view of orchards below and the forest in our backyard. I also love how friendly everyone is!
6. If you were an animal living in Wilden, which one would you be?
I would want to be a Bunny… not sure if there are any wild rabbits up here.
7. Do you have a favourite (family) tradition, perhaps even in Wilden? If yes, tell us about it.
Christmas for us, is all full of traditions. Although our family currently has a fake Christmas tree, we still go with the rest of my family and their kids, and get everyone’s Christmas Tree together. Love getting to see all the cousins running around.
8. What are some of your favourite local Kelowna businesses you like to support and more people need to know about?
9. What does a perfect weekend in Wilden/Kelowna/the Okanagan include or look like for you?
Enjoying some Warm Weather, and getting to visit with Family (swimming and BBQ’s), spending time outside.
10. Tell us about one of your greatest experiences in Wilden so far.
Building a house was pretty amazing. I was also able to have two planned home births. One of them being last year! Our home only gets more special, as each year passes.
11. If you could choose anyone to be your neighbour, who would you choose?
We love our current Neighbours, and wouldn’t change them! Would possibly say our family, but they all live within 5 minutes…so I think a bit of distance would be healthy.
12. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
Build Lego with my Husband. This year due to staying home, and not seeing friends, we have found the love of Lego. Helps that our 3 Year old loves playing with what we build.
Also any chance that I can take my kids into my photography studio and do a photoshoot with them.
Any other time would be, spending it with my Family.