It’s time to #MeetWilden.
Meet Wilden Resident and Home Reno Professional, Brittany Saari.
1. What is your name?
2. Which Wilden neighbourhood do you live in and when did you move here?
We moved to the Long Ridge Neighbourhood in fall 2020.
3. What do you do for work and where can we find you online?
I am an award winning event planner and catering specialist who sincerely misses celebrating all of life’s milestones. With that being said, right now there aren’t events to plan so I’ve been enjoying the world of home renovation! I love being creative and the renovation, along with our Instagram page Simply Saari, has been an amazing creative outlet for me since moving to Wilden. We have been sharing tips, spilling the beans on renovations and documenting before, during and after of all the changes.
Follow Brittany’s home renovation and updates on Instagram @simply.saari.
4. What is a superpower or talent of yours that nobody would guess?
I am very calm in high stress situations which as an event planner I consider a huge asset and definitely my superpower. Talent though? I can hold a pretty great handstand even in my thirties!
5. What are some of your favourite things about living in Wilden?
The sense of nature and neighbourhood combined. Everyone here is friendly and lives up the Kelowna lifestyle with hikes in the summer and skating on the pond in the winter. It’s a dream living here!
6. If you were an animal living in Wilden, which one would you be?
My dog, haha, it’s true though! She hikes everyday, she sleeps in the sun in our yard and the neighbours give her so much love. What more could you want!
7. Do you have a favourite family tradition, perhaps even in Wilden? If yes, tell us about it.
Every year my husband and I drive around to look at Christmas lights. This year, our first holiday season in Wilden, we took only right turns and went up and down EVERY. SIGNLE. STREET. It was magical! Shout out to the neighbourhood for a truly wonderful display!
8. What are some of your favourite local Kelowna businesses you like to support and more people need to know about?
Even before we moved to Kelowna there were two spots that we never missed visiting. Sprout Bread Shop for an oat milk latte and well, bread. Central Kitchen for the cocktails and poke bowl! Since moving here my husband has discovered True Gents Barbershop and I have to give them a shoutout for keeping him looking great 🙂
9. What does a perfect weekend in the Okanagan include or look like for you?
We’ll start with a morning hike to get Darcie some exercise before it’s too hot. Next, the beach for paddle boarding and a picnic lunch we picked up from a local shop. If it’s not too late we’ll swing by a winery or two on our way home for a tasting. But we’ll definitely finish the night with a BBQ dinner on our patio and hopefully one day that will be enjoyed with friends!
10. Tell us about one of your greatest memories in Wilden so far.
Christmas 2020 looked very different for us this year, as it did for so many. But waking up on boxing day to find out the pond had frozen will absolutely be one of my favourite memories ever. Skates in hand, and of course a snow shovel, we made the short walk down the street and spent the day skating away with the neighbours.
11. If you could choose anyone to be your neighbour, who would you choose?
Funny story, we actually met our neighbours in Thailand 2 years prior to us moving here and now we have become great friends. How could we choose anyone else? But if you forced me to choose, Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds. That would be a fun block party!
12. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
Read a million novels then write my own. Because those who do not read only live one life.
Brittany wrote a few blog posts for us about her home renovation and shared some of her home reno tips.
We’ve linked her blog posts below: